Sunday, July 18, 2010

Party planners block

I have been trying to get excited for Scotlynn's 2nd birthday now for months. I pretty much knew what direction I wanted to go with it but just could not get creative with anything! So the other day I was at the $1.00 isle in Target and found some stuff that made my heart beat fast and the creative light bulbs turn on!! Needless to say Rag Ann is out the window, we love her dearly but I just couldn't get in the planner mode with that theme (even with a whole party blog that step by steps the party for you). I am a sucker for themes as anyone who knows me will say! I'm an even bigger sucker for themes that will make great pictures so the new theme is.................. Woodland Creatures and I love everything about it!!!! We are going to get Scotties 2nd birthday pictures taken by the one and only Alisha Shaw from One Memory At A Time on Tuesday and I'll tell you what it is going to be prop city. Alisha is going to think I am a freak with all the ideas and props that I bought and made just for this photo shoot and party. We are also going to get some mommy and me shots(cheesy), because Scottie is what I think ??? will be my last baby and I hate to see her grow up *tear, tear*! I have her clothes planned down to the socks and hair elastics now its what to wear? what to wear for me??? I am going to have to rack my brain to think of something I will love that may compliment the cuteness of Scottie and her birthday props!!! I spray painted the picture frames and added fabric and some burlap cuties I cut out and how cute are those props?? They are only two of a the things I am so excited about!

I am a TOTAL sucker for garden gnomes !! I don't know what it is but I love the little guys so I am so happy that all the stuff I bought for the party I can keep and use afterward for my yard and house! I think for Halloween this year I am going to have Scotlynn be a garden gnome.
 

1 comment:

HIRSCHI FAMILY said...

You always have such cute ideas for your parties! Can't wait to see how the photos turn out. If there is anything I can do to help with the party let me know!